What We Do
Sophia works with people who, for any number of reasons find themselves out of their own home. We provide individuals and families with support and housing to meet their own individual needs. Our service is holistic in nature as we support people to reach their own potential at their own pace.
Sophia provides different types of accommodation and support for people who have different housing and support needs: This includes:
- Emergency Accommodation for families who have just become homeless
- Short Term Supported Housing for families and individuals who are homeless and are in need of support to develop the skills to maintain their next tenancy
- Long Term Supported Housing for families and individuals who will need support on a long term basis.
- Long Term Housing with no support for families and individuals with a general housing need
- Outreach Tenancy Sustainment for families and individuals moving from homeless accommodation to their own homes (not housing provided by Sophia)
- Outreach Family Support for families who need support to develop their skills as a family unit.
- Long term housing for people who have a disability.
Individual support programmes are tailored to support each individual’s requirements. We help people identify the issues which have contributed towards their experience of homelessness and then help them address these issues.
A care plan is developed with each service user and support is provided for service users to reach their identified goals. Support is provided in individual key-work sessions.
The nature of the support provided by Sophia’s qualified staff includes developing parenting skills, personal awareness, budgeting skills, home-care management, nutritional and health awareness and skills. We also support people is accessing and maintaining support with other services including; addiction services, mental health services, education and employment and counselling services. In many projects we support people in securing further accommodation.
There are weekly group-work sessions in many projects. This helps people to develop skills including cookery, first aid, parenting, art and relaxation. This helps develop a sense of community, reduced isolation and helps people develop their confidence in a safe environment.
Outreach Support is provided in Limerick, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown, Fingal and Cork.